Category: Chiefs’ Inquiry Corner
- Tisch/Kimmel: How can we diagnose iron deficiency in the setting of anemia of chronic disease?
- Manhattan VA Clinic: Are there non-invasive methods to determine if patients with Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) have advanced fibrosis or cirrhosis?
- Manhattan VA Hospital: What is the role of antifungal coverage in patients with acute peritonitis?
- Bellevue Clinic: In patients taking a beta blocker for uncomplicated hypertension, what is the best way to taper it off?
- Gouverneur Clinic: Are bisphosphonates safe and effective in patients who are vitamin D deficient?
- Manhattan VA: What is the difference between calcium chloride and calcium gluconate?
- Bellevue Hospital: How much epi??
- Manhattan VA Hospital: How reliable are ECG findings in hyperkalemia?
- Bellevue Clinic: How much subcutaneous insulin can be given in a single dose?
- Bellevue Hospital: Why do surgeons classically use hematocrit over hemoglobin?
- Gouverneur Clinic: How useful is CA-125 in the evaluation of a woman with a suspicious ovarian mass?
- VA Clinic: Is there any benefit to giving the recombinant herpes zoster vaccine (RZV, Shingrix) to patients who have already experienced an episode of herpes zoster?
- Bellevue Clinic: How accurate is a point-of-care hemoglobin A1c? Can it be used to diagnose diabetes?
- Gouverneur Clinic: What is Brainerd diarrhea?
- Manhattan VA Hospital: Should neurohormonal blockade be discontinued in patients whose ejection fractions recover?
- Gouverneur Clinic: What is the role of free testosterone testing in the workup of suspected male hypogonadism?
- Bellevue Clinic: Do total testosterone assays offer reliable and accurate measurements of testosterone in men with hypogonadism?
- Bellevue Hospital: Can we accurately predict which patients are at highest risk for severe alcohol withdrawal syndrome?
- VA Clinic: Why treat proteinuria in non-diabetic CKD?
- Bellevue Hospital: In patients with functional mitral regurgitation, who should be referred for percutaneous valve repair?
- Manhattan VA Hospital: Do inflammatory markers remain elevated in patients with well-controlled HIV?
- Tisch/Kimmel: Are all criteria for LVH diagnosis on ECG created equal?
- NYU Brooklyn: What is the role of lung volume reduction surgery in COPD?
- Bellevue Clinic: Is routine, repeated testing of transaminases necessary with oral terbinafine for onychomycosis?