Category: Chiefs’ Inquiry Corner
- Bellevue Hospital: How are monoclonal antibodies used in the treatment of clostridium difficile infection?
- Tisch/Kimmel: How do outcomes after in-hospital cardiac arrest differ from those following out-of-hospital cardiac arrest?
- NYU Brooklyn: What is the association between dermatomyositis and malignancy? What cancer screening is recommended for those diagnosed with dermatomyositis?
- Manhattan VA Clinic: What malignancy work up is indicated in the setting of an unprovoked VTE?
- Bellevue Hospital: When can provocative testing help diagnose Brugada Syndrome?
- Manhattan VA: Does eating eggs contribute to cardiovascular disease?
- Bellevue Clinic: What are primary and secondary vaccine failures and how does this affect the clinical course of measles infection?
- Bellevue Hospital: Is there benefit to combination pharmacologic and mechanical DVT prophylaxis?
- Tisch/Kimmel: What is the most appropriate antithrombotic therapy for patients with atrial fibrillation after acute coronary syndrome and or PCI?
- Manhattan VA: What is the association between Kayexalate (sodium polystyrene sulfonate – SPS) and adverse gastrointestinal events?
- Ambulatory Care: What is the ‘U equals U’ campaign and what is the evidence to support it?
- Bellevue Hospital: How is MINOCA diagnosed and managed?
- Manhattan VA: Are there biochemical tests that aid in the diagnosis of malignant pleural effusions?
- NYU Brooklyn: Are there relative differences between non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and the risk of gastrointestinal bleeding?
- Bellevue Hospital: What is the evidence for anticoagulation in atrial tachycardias?
- Tisch/Kimmel: What are the clinical features of HACEK endocarditis?
- What is the best method to manage hypertension in a patient with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy?
- Manhattan VA: How is ascitic fluid protein used to distinguish between etiologies of cardiac ascites?
- NYU Brooklyn: What is roflumilast and what is its role in the management of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease?
- Bellevue Hospital: How does amiodarone potentiate digoxin toxicity?
- VA Clinic: Should ACE inhibitors be used to prevent microalbuminuria in normotensive patients with diabetes?
- NYU Brooklyn: What is the appropriate management of Steven Johnson Syndrome / Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis ?
- Tisch/Kimmel: How does measles present in adults?
- Tisch/Kimmel: What is the Staphylococcus Panton-Valentine Leukocidin?
- Bellevue Hospital: How do we risk stratify patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy? When is an implantable cardiac defibrillator indicated for primary prevention?
- NYU Brooklyn: What is Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome and what are its clinical manifestations?
- Bellevue Clinic: What is the optimal treatment of allergic rhinitis?
- Manhattan VA: How reliable are cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) white blood cell (WBC) count and protein in the diagnosis of Herpes Encephalitis?
- Bellevue Hospital: What are the neurologic manifestations of methotrexate toxicity?
- Tisch/Kimmel: What is the classic presentation of progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML)?