Category: Chiefs’ Inquiry Corner
- Bellevue Clinic: Is there evidence backing the use of guaifensin for cough secondary to upper respiratory infection (URI)?
- Manhattan VA Inpatient: How reliable is neck vein distention in determining volume status in the heart failure patient?
- Manhattan VA Clinic: What is the utility of BNP monitoring in chronic congestive heart failure management?
- VA Clinic: What is the pathophysiology behind hepatic osteopenia/osteoporosis and who should be screened for it?
- Bellevue Hospital: Is CRP testing a safe and effective tool to guide the use of antibiotics for treatment of COPD exacerbations?
- VA Clinic: Is it possible to identify patients with CKD that are likely to progress to ESRD?
- NYU Brooklyn: Are DOACs safe in patients with ESRD?
- Gouverneur Clinic: What is the role of lifestyle modification in the treatment of erectile dysfunction?
- Bellevue Hospital: Should adults with sickle cell disease receive chronic simple transfusions for primary prevention of stroke?
- Bellevue Clinic: Given the prevalence of clarithromycin-resistant strains, when should you consider treating H. pylori with an alternative regimen?
- Manhattan VA Inpatient: How reliable is the hemoglobin on a blood gas result?
- Manhattan VA Clinic: Is there a role for intravenous iron supplementation in patients with heart failure?
- Bellevue Hospital: How are monoclonal antibodies used in the treatment of clostridium difficile infection?
- Tisch/Kimmel: How do outcomes after in-hospital cardiac arrest differ from those following out-of-hospital cardiac arrest?
- NYU Brooklyn: What is the association between dermatomyositis and malignancy? What cancer screening is recommended for those diagnosed with dermatomyositis?
- Manhattan VA Clinic: What malignancy work up is indicated in the setting of an unprovoked VTE?
- Bellevue Hospital: When can provocative testing help diagnose Brugada Syndrome?
- Manhattan VA: Does eating eggs contribute to cardiovascular disease?
- Bellevue Clinic: What are primary and secondary vaccine failures and how does this affect the clinical course of measles infection?
- Bellevue Hospital: Is there benefit to combination pharmacologic and mechanical DVT prophylaxis?
- Tisch/Kimmel: What is the most appropriate antithrombotic therapy for patients with atrial fibrillation after acute coronary syndrome and or PCI?
- Manhattan VA: What is the association between Kayexalate (sodium polystyrene sulfonate – SPS) and adverse gastrointestinal events?
- Ambulatory Care: What is the ‘U equals U’ campaign and what is the evidence to support it?
- Bellevue Hospital: How is MINOCA diagnosed and managed?
- Manhattan VA: Are there biochemical tests that aid in the diagnosis of malignant pleural effusions?
- NYU Brooklyn: Are there relative differences between non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and the risk of gastrointestinal bleeding?