Category: Chiefs’ Inquiry Corner
- NYU Brooklyn: Does mitral annuloplasty fall under the definition of “valvular atrial fibrillation”?
- VA Clinic: Is perioperative smoking cessation associated with increased risk for perioperative pulmonary complications?
- VA Hospital: What is the appropriate management for patients with dysphonia?
- VA Clinic: Is there any benefit to increasing the dose of tamsulosin from 0.4 mg to 0.8 mg for the treatment of benign prostatic hypertrophy?
- Bellevue Hospital: Can fentanyl cause serotonin syndrome?
- VA Hospital: What is the significance of positive antiphospholipid antibodies?
- Bellevue Hospital: What is the appropriate initial workup for a patient with newly diagnosed atrial fibrillation?
- VA Clinic: Why did recommendations for PCV13 (Prevnar) vaccination in older adults change?
- Tisch/Kimmel: Which malignancies are people with HIV most at risk of developing?
- NYU Brooklyn: How does vitamin C deficiency result in bleeding?
- Tisch/Kimmel: What is the recommendation for Mycobacterium avium complex (MAC) prophylaxis in HIV patients with CD4 count <50?
- Bellevue Hospital: What is the correct way to collect a sample for cryoglobulin testing?
- NYU Brooklyn: Is IV iron safe to give in patients with active infection?
- Tisch/Kimmel: What is the effect of acute illness of CD4 count in patients with HIV?
- Bellevue Hospital: What is the mechanism of action of hydroxyurea?
- Bellevue Hospital: What is the mechanism by which Hodgkin’s lymphoma causes hypercalcemia?
- NYU Brooklyn Hospital: Why do we need an ABG with co-oximetry to identify patients with carbon monoxide poisoning?
- VA Clinic: What prevents patients on SGLT2 inhibitors from becoming hypoglycemic?
- Bellevue Hospital: What is the appropriate anticoagulation for patients with antiphospholipid syndrome?
- VA Clinic: Are there any validated tools to help distinguish muscle symptoms related to statin use from other etiologies?
- Tisch/Kimmel: Is amiodarone safe in patients with WPW?
- VA Clinic: Does NSAID use increase the risk for progression of CKD?
- Gouverneur Clinic: How should familial hypercholesterolemia be managed during pregnancy?
- Bellevue Hospital: What is the best way to calculate the QTc interval?