Category: Chiefs’ Inquiry Corner
- VA Clinic: What is the appropriate management of asymptomatic bacteriuria in patients undergoing pre-operative evaluation for joint arthroplasty?
- Bellevue Hospital: In patients with chronic inflammatory conditions, is there a ferritin level at which concurrent iron deficiency anemia can be excluded?
- Tisch/Kimmel: What is an expected degree of lactate elevation in acute alcohol intoxication?
- Bellevue Hospital: What is a urinary albumin to protein ratio?
- Manhattan VA Clinic: Is there a role for GLP-1RA’s in patients with NASH?
- Kimmel Pavilion: In patients with diabetes, does microvascular disease increase the risk of developing heart failure?
- Bellevue Clinic: What is the significance of and work-up for asymptomatic, ectopic heartbeats in the outpatient setting?
- Bellevue Hospital: What are the different types of proteinuria?
- NYU Brooklyn: How do BNP levels correspond to NT-proBNP levels?
- Tisch/Kimmel: How can we diagnose iron deficiency in the setting of anemia of chronic disease?
- Manhattan VA Clinic: Are there non-invasive methods to determine if patients with Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) have advanced fibrosis or cirrhosis?
- Manhattan VA Hospital: What is the role of antifungal coverage in patients with acute peritonitis?
- Bellevue Clinic: In patients taking a beta blocker for uncomplicated hypertension, what is the best way to taper it off?
- Gouverneur Clinic: Are bisphosphonates safe and effective in patients who are vitamin D deficient?
- Manhattan VA: What is the difference between calcium chloride and calcium gluconate?
- Bellevue Hospital: How much epi??
- Manhattan VA Hospital: How reliable are ECG findings in hyperkalemia?
- Bellevue Clinic: How much subcutaneous insulin can be given in a single dose?
- Bellevue Hospital: Why do surgeons classically use hematocrit over hemoglobin?
- Gouverneur Clinic: How useful is CA-125 in the evaluation of a woman with a suspicious ovarian mass?
- VA Clinic: Is there any benefit to giving the recombinant herpes zoster vaccine (RZV, Shingrix) to patients who have already experienced an episode of herpes zoster?
- Bellevue Clinic: How accurate is a point-of-care hemoglobin A1c? Can it be used to diagnose diabetes?
- Gouverneur Clinic: What is Brainerd diarrhea?
- Manhattan VA Hospital: Should neurohormonal blockade be discontinued in patients whose ejection fractions recover?