Category: Chiefs’ Inquiry Corner
- Manhattan VA: How reliable are cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) white blood cell (WBC) count and protein in the diagnosis of Herpes Encephalitis?
- Bellevue Hospital: What are the neurologic manifestations of methotrexate toxicity?
- Tisch/Kimmel: What is the classic presentation of progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML)?
- Bellevue Hospital: Why does propofol turn urine green? Does this have any significance for the development of propofol-related infusion syndrome (PRIS)?
- NYU Brooklyn: Is there a link between influenza vaccination and Guillain-Barre Syndrome?
- Tisch/Kimmel: Should HIV-uninfected patients with Pneumocystis pneumonia be treated with corticosteroids?
- NYU Brooklyn: What is the typical presentation and prognosis of anti-NMDA receptor encephalitis?
- Gouverneur Clinic: Should medications be used to assist with weight loss?
- Bellevue Hospital: Is evaluation of right heart pressures required prior to TIPS?
- Tisch/Kimmel: What is the role of N-acetylcysteine in the treatment of alcoholic hepatitis?
- Manhattan VA: Is there a benefit to treating hypercalcemia associated with malignancy?