- Bellevue Outpatient: Is there any evidence in favor of routinely screening women for ovarian cancer?
- Tisch Inpatient: In patients with atrial fibrillation who suffer from an ischemic stroke, when should we reinitiate anticoagulation?
- Bellevue Inpatient: In which patients is it indicated to anticoagulate for portal vein thrombosis?
The NYU Langone Health Online Journal of Medicine
- VA Outpatient: What are the updated guidelines for pain control in non-operative management of knee osteoarthritis?
- Brooklyn Inpatient: How do we use an amikacin level?
- Bellevue Inpatient: What is the driver of mortality in ICD recipients- the arrhythmia, or the therapy?
By Brendan Denvir, MD
With medicine advancing at such a rapid pace, it is crucial for physicians to keep up with the medical literature. This can quickly become an overwhelming endeavor given the sheer …
- Inpatient Bellevue: What are some of the expected physiologic changes in pregnancy with regard to the respiratory system?
- Outpatient VA: Many internists are comfortable initiating appropriate management for coronary artery disease (CAD), but what should we be aware of when it comes to medically managing peripheral arterial disease (PAD)?
- Inpatient Tisch Kimmel: In patients who are hospitalized, is there any benefit to intensifying blood pressure management regimens on discharge?
By Logan Groneck
Your next patient is very familiar. The management of her chronic diseases–heart failure (HF) and chronic kidney disease (CKD)—has been optimized. Like the 6.2 million other Americans with HF1 and the …
- NYU Brooklyn: How urgently does necrotizing pancreatitis need to be drained?
- NYU Brooklyn: Are there certain classes of drugs that should make us more concerned about possible DRESS syndrome?
- NYU Tisch/Kimmel: In which patients should we consider a diagnosis of Maturity Onset Diabetes of the Young (MODY)?
- Gouverneur Outpatient: What is the high dose flu vaccine?
- Bellevue Inpatient: Is there any utility in D-dimer testing for the exclusion of pulmonary embolism among people hospitalized with COVID-19 infection?
- Bellevue Outpatient: What is the follow-up after initiating oral iron supplementation in iron-deficiency anemia?
By Joachner Philippe
Ms. G was a 44-year-old African American woman with a history of sarcoidosis presenting to her outpatient pulmonologist/primary care physician for follow-up. Insurance complications had forced her to switch to a …