- NYU Brooklyn: Does mitral annuloplasty fall under the definition of “valvular atrial fibrillation”?
- VA Clinic: Is perioperative smoking cessation associated with increased risk for perioperative pulmonary complications?
- VA Hospital: What is the appropriate management for patients with dysphonia?
The NYU Langone Health Online Journal of Medicine
- VA Clinic: Is there any benefit to increasing the dose of tamsulosin from 0.4 mg to 0.8 mg for the treatment of benign prostatic hypertrophy?
- Bellevue Hospital: Can fentanyl cause serotonin syndrome?
- VA Hospital: What is the significance of positive antiphospholipid antibodies?
- Bellevue Hospital: What is the appropriate initial workup for a patient with newly diagnosed atrial fibrillation?
- VA Clinic: Why did recommendations for PCV13 (Prevnar) vaccination in older adults change?
- Tisch/Kimmel: Which malignancies are people with HIV most at risk of developing?
By Nasia Frattaroli, MD
With medicine advancing at such a rapid pace, it is crucial for physicians to keep up with the medical literature. This can quickly become an overwhelming endeavor given the sheer …
By Allison Harrington, MD
- Understand the history and pathogenesis of Kaposi’s Sarcoma
- Recognize how Kaposi’s Sarcoma presents in AIDS
- Recognize the differential of lymphoproliferative disorders that can be associated with AIDS and HHV8
A 42-year-old man with …
By Melissa Velasquez, Wei Qi, MD, Jonathan Chun, MD, David Kudlowitz, MD
- To describe the causes of hypocalcemia and review the appropriate work-up.
- Can eponymous signs assist our diagnosis?
- How do proton-pump …
- NYU Brooklyn: How does vitamin C deficiency result in bleeding?
- Tisch/Kimmel: What is the recommendation for Mycobacterium avium complex (MAC) prophylaxis in HIV patients with CD4 count <50?
- Bellevue Hospital: What is the correct way to collect a sample for cryoglobulin testing?
By Kyle Ranger Guillory, MD
With medicine advancing at such a rapid pace, it is crucial for physicians to keep up with the medical literature. This can quickly become an overwhelming endeavor given the sheer quantity and breadth of literature released on …