Chief residents of the NYU Langone Internal Medicine Residency give quick-and-easy, evidence-based answers to interesting questions posed by house staff, both in their clinics and on the wards.
The NYU Langone Health Online Journal of Medicine
- NYU Brooklyn: How do the updated ‘Surviving Sepsis’ guidelines differ from 2016 recommendations?
- VA Outpatient: Is there any utility in obtaining an H. pylori serum antibody?
- Bellevue Inpatient: What is the difference between multifocal atrial tachycardia and a wandering pacemaker? (shoutout Team 3 last block!)
- VA Inpatient: How does lithium therapy lead to nephrogenic diabetes insipidus, and how is it treated?
- Bellevue Inpatient: What are some of the various manifestations of Aspergillus infection?
- VA Outpatient: HIV and Sudden Cardiac Death: What’s the Risk?
By Quinn Silverglate
At any of the over 26,000 restaurants that populate the city of New York, I have to ask the same questions: “Does this have dairy in it? What about gluten?” …
By Joseph Xu, MD
With medicine advancing at such a rapid pace, it is crucial for physicians to keep up with the medical literature. This can quickly become an overwhelming endeavor given the sheer …
- NYU Brooklyn: Can we use corticosteroids in Psoriatic Arthritis flares?
- Bellevue Outpatient: What is the role of apoB in stratifying our patients for cardiovascular disease risk?
- Tisch Inpatient: In patients with known underlying atrial fibrillation, what should we be counseling regarding alcohol use?
- NYU Brooklyn: How does severe vitamin B12 deficiency lead to hemolysis?
- Bellevue Inpatient: How specific of a test is the BNP for diagnosing heart failure – specifically, are there other conditions that cause a similar level of elevation? (thanks to Sam Sanders for participating in this discussion!)
- Gouverneur Outpatient: My patient is due for 5 vaccines. Can they get them all at once? (shoutout to our primary care digest this block!)
- Bellevue Outpatient: Can beta blockers be used to treat hypertension in people with COPD?
- VA Outpatient: What are the newest USPTF recommendations for low-dose CT screening for lung cancer?
- Tisch-Kimmel Inpatient: What are some of the extrahepatic manifestations of chronic HCV infection?