- NYU Brooklyn: When should we stop anti-depressant use in patients with depression?
- Gouverneur Outpatient: In patients with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), are there any supplements that have been shown to have benefit for symptomatic relief?
- Bellevue Inpatient: Is there any evidence to suggest that fentanyl is superior to morphine in managing patients with ACS?
The NYU Langone Health Online Journal of Medicine
By Hannah Kopinsky, MD
With medicine advancing at such a rapid pace, it is crucial for physicians to keep up with the medical literature. This can quickly become an overwhelming endeavor given the sheer …
By Emily Mills
While on my medical school Pediatrics rotation I learned of an important developmental milestone—the “why” phase. During this time, the inquisitive three-year-old bombards their parents with an infinite array of questions, …
- Brooklyn: What are the indications for primary prophylaxis against disseminated MAC? When can primary prophylaxis against disseminated MAC be discontinued?
- Bellevue Outpatient: Is there a risk of tinnitus with macrolide use?
- Bellevue Inpatient: What is the sensitivity and specificity of urine dipstick testing for hematuria? What can cause false positives and negatives for hematuria on urine dipstick test?
By Jessica Lovett
Diabetes, a condition broadly characterized by the inability to maintain glucose homeostasis,1 can be classified into two primary subtypes: type 1 and type 2. Type 1 and type 2 diabetes are …
Chief residents of the NYU Langone Internal Medicine Residency give quick-and-easy, evidence-based answers to interesting questions posed by house staff, both in their clinics and on the wards.
- Bellevue Inpatient: Which is the superior antiplatelet agent in patients with ACS treated with PCI- prasugrel or ticagrelor?
- Tisch Inpatient: What are the indications for celiac plexus block and potential complications?
- NYU Brooklyn: Is a shorter (i.e. 4 month) anti-TB regimen noninferior to the standard 6-month treatment for patients with drug-susceptible pulmonary TB?
By Waqas Haque, MD
With medicine advancing at such a rapid pace, it is crucial for physicians to keep up with the medical literature. This can quickly become an overwhelming endeavor given the sheer quantity and breadth of literature released on a daily basis. Primecuts helps you stay current by …