- Bellevue Inpatient: What is systemic sclerosis sine scleroderma? (Thanks to Melissa Chiang and her team for this question during rounds with Dr. Abramson!)
- VA Outpatient: What are the updates to the guidelines regarding initial treatment for asthma?
- Bellevue Outpatient: What are the updated guidelines for initiation of aspirin for primary prevention of cardiovascular disease?
The NYU Langone Health Online Journal of Medicine
- Bellevue Inpatient: Should I correct the sodium for hyperglycemia when calculating an anion gap? (Written by Kirsten Salline, PGY-3 on teaching elective!)
- Tisch-Kimmel Inpatient: What is nonbacterial thrombotic endocarditis (NBTE) and when should the diagnosis be suspected? (Written by Kirsten Salline, PGY-3 on teaching elective!)
- VA Outpatient: How does malignancy lead to hypercalcemia, and what is the clinical significance?
- Bellevue Inpatient: According to the new 2022 guidelines from the AHA/ACC on the management of heart failure, how should we be approaching patients with HFmrEF (mid-range EF)?
- Tisch-Kimmel Inpatient: According to the new 2022 guidelines from the AHA/ACC how should we be approaching the management of patients with confirmed wild-type or variant transthyretin cardiac amyloidosis? (do you see a pattern here?!)
- VA Outpatient: In patients with known heart failure who we are managing over time in clinic, is there a certain frequency of following imaging (such as transthoracic echo) we should be abiding by? (really excited about cardiology this week)
- NYU BK: What is the difference between serum sickness and serum sickness-like reactions (SSLRs)?
- Gouverneur Outpatient: Does Vitamin D supplementation actually reduce the risk of fracture?(shoutout to our primary care digest for these pearls!)
- Gouverneur Outpatient: To B(iopsy) or not to B(iopsy)? That is our question (for the OBs) (Shoutout to our primary care digest for these pearls!)
By Kyla Wright
First developed in 1990,1 coronary artery calcium scoring has emerged as a noninvasive risk stratification tool for the detection of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease (ASCVD).2 Unlike other commonly used cardiovascular risk stratification …
- Tisch-Kimmel Inpatient: What is the clinical presentation of atrioesophageal fistula following atrial fibrillation ablation?
- Bellevue Inpatient: What is the difference between uncomplicated and complicated MRSA bacteremia, and how does it affect treatment?
- NYU BK Outpatient: Do exercise and lifestyle changes work for knee osteoarthritis?
- Bellevue Outpatient: What is the STOP-Bang questionnaire for screening for sleep apnea?
- Brooklyn Inpatient: Does bariatric surgery improve long-term outcomes in patients with NAFLD and obesity?
- Bellevue Inpatient: Why are people with cirrhosis particularly vulnerable to Vibrio vulnificus infection?
- Bellevue Outpatient: How reliable is the presence of reported “foamy urine” when considering a patient’s risk of having proteinuria?
- Bellevue Inpatient: In patients with nephrotic syndrome, what is the evidence in favor of starting prophylactic anticoagulation (AC) given increased risk of thrombosis?
- Tisch/Kimmel Inpatient: Is there a specific differential diagnosis to consider in nonpitting edema?