- Bellevue Inpatient: Is there a role for acetazolamide in acute decompensated heart failure with volume overload?
- Bellevue Outpatient: Who should undergo screening for Barrett’s Esophagus?
- VA Inpatient: How do you treat aspiration pneumonia?
The NYU Langone Health Online Journal of Medicine
By Michael Papazian
Let’s start with a case. Mr. B is a 67-year-old male with a history of hypertension, type 2 diabetes, and coronary artery disease. As his primary care physician, you …
- Tisch/Kimmel Inpatient: What is the role for early rhythm control in patients with new atrial fibrillation?
- VA Outpatient: What medications are the most effective for treatment of diabetic neuropathy?
- Bellevue Inpatient: What treatment options exist for multidrug resistant tuberculosis?
By Luke Bonanni
Theobroma, literally “food of gods” in Greek, is an apt description of chocolate. Made from the fermented seeds of the Theobroma cacao tree, chocolate is an immensely popular food, with worldwide …
- Bellevue Outpatient: What is the optimal duration of therapy for bisphosphates in osteoporosis?
- Bellevue Inpatient: What is the role of aggressive fluid resuscitation in acute pancreatitis?
- VA Inpatient: What is the treatment for allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis?
- Gouverneur Outpatient: What are indications for treatment in essential thrombocythemia?
- Bellevue Inpatient: Are patients with discoid lupus erythematosus at risk for systemic lupus erythematosus?
- VA Inpatient: What is the risk of and differential diagnosis for recurrent Bell’s Palsy?
- Bellevue Outpatient: What are the indications for parathyroidectomy in patients with asymptomatic primary hyperparathyroidism?
- Bellevue Inpatient: What are treatments for acute dystonia?
- Tisch-Kimmel Inpatient: How does Glucagon treat beta-blocker toxicity?
By Akshay N. Pulavarty MPH
A quick look into the medicine cabinet of anyone sixty or older will likely reveal a statin. Primary prevention with high-intensity statins has substantially reduced the risk of atherosclerotic …